الخميس، 7 ديسمبر 2023

Pirlo reveals how Pep almost signed him for Barca

Soccer - UEFA Champions League Finals - AC Milan vs. Liverpool
Photo by Sampics/Corbis via Getty Images

It was a close thing

Andrea Pirlo has revealed he had the chance to sign for Barcelona under Pep Guardiola back in 2010.

Barcelona played Milan in the Gamper Tropy which led to an interesting conversation after the game.

“There was a chance for Milan to sign Ibra and he [Guardiola] asked him if I was available to join him at Barcelona. We spoke for a while in his office, but then Ibra arrived and I stayed [at Milan] too.

“Guardiola told me he’d like to have me there. He knew me because he had played at Brescia even if we hadn’t played together. I was very proud to sit in his office and be called by him even if nothing happened in the end.”

Pirlo would have joined a Barca team with Sergio Busquets, Xavi and Andres Iniesta in the squad and admitted it would have been a fun experience.

“It would have been quite technical, there was Sergio Busquets as well,” he added.

“It would have been a nice experience but in the end, I was at Milan with many other champions so I was happy.”

Source | Radio Serie A

In the end Pirlo ended up staying at Milan before heading off for Juventus, while Barcelona’s midfield of Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets went on to become one of the most legendary trios in the history of the game.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/v9VLAc0

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.