الجمعة، 8 ديسمبر 2023

Lewandowski: I think I can still play for three or four years

FC Barcelona v Atletico Madrid - LaLiga EA Sports
Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The forward is not thinking about retirement

Barcelona striker Robert Lewandowski has been looking to the future and says he still thinks he has “three or four years” of elite football inside him.

The Poland international turned 35 in August, and has a contract with the club until 2026, and says he’s not thinking about hanging up his boots anytime soon.

“I don’t think about what I’ve already won or what I’ve already done. I still have that feeling and that passion inside me,” he said.

“I think I can still play football for three or four years, because physically I feel very good.”

There has been a bit of scrutiny on Lewandowski this season and he admits the start to the season has not been “perfect” attacking-wise.

“I know that we are Barcelona and everyone expects us not only to win, but also to score a lot of goals,” he added.

“At the beginning of the season, everything was not perfect and, of course, if we do not create a lot of chances, it is difficult score goals.”

Lewandowski also says he knows it will be difficult to call time on his career but isn’t sure he wants to move into management.

“It will be difficult to live without being a football player after my career. But to be a coach..., I know it is a very difficult job. I am not sure that I will be prepared, because you have to be 100% focused in football,” he explained.

“Now I’m telling you this, but in five or seven years I’m going to miss the locker room, the smell and this whole atmosphere, and I’ll say, okay, maybe I can try it. But for now I don’t see myself as coach.”

The striker will be hoping to get back in the goals on Sunday against Girona. Lewandowski’s hasn’t scored in his last three matches for Xavi’s side.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/jYoHl0O

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.