السبت، 30 ديسمبر 2023

Cancelo reveals how Pep made him ‘look at football differently’

FC Barcelona v Manchester City - Friendly Match
Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The defender has spoken about the City boss

Joao Cancelo has opened up on working with Pep Guardiola and revealed how the former Barcelona boss made him “look at football differently.”

The Portugal international was signed by Guardiola and won Premier League titles and the FA Cup before falling out of favour and moving on loan to Bayern and then Barca.

Cancelo still speaks very highly of Guardiola and has revealed what it’s like to work with the coach.

“Pep made me look at football differently. I remember a period where our results weren’t good, we were in 10th or 9th place, I think, and he said: ‘We’re going to play with inverted full-backs,’ and I said: ‘Coach, I don’t know how to play that way. I’ve never done it.’ And he said: ‘I’ll teach you’,” he said.

“After training, I’d stay with him doing basic things that seemed like child’s play, but I’d go into the game, and it all flowed, you know? I think the consistency he has as a coach, the mentality he gives his players, that winning mentality... I’ve always loved winning, I’ve always been very competitive, but I think with him I became much more than I already was.”

Source | 1 PARA 1 Podcast

Cancelo is still contracted to City until 2027. It’s thought Barca will try to sign him permanently if they can reach an agreement with Guardiola’s side.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/MAsIjKl

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.