الاثنين، 27 سبتمبر 2021

Van Basten “doubts” Memphis can succeed at Barca

FC BARCELONA VS LEVANTE UD - LIGA SANTANDER
Photo by Urbanandsport/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The Netherlands legend is skeptical

Former Netherlands, Ajax, and AC Milan great Marco van Basten expressed skepticism that Memphis Depay was the right player for FC Barcelona, in a new interview.

“I have my doubts that he is a player for Barça,” he was quoted as saying.

“I believe that Memphis is a good player, but I believe he is an artist, an individualist. He does his own thing and continues to do that a bit. I believe that in a team this big, you have to be more of a team player. You have to attack as a group and share the ball. I have the idea he does too much his own thing, and I don’t know if that is sufficient for an elite club.”

Van Basten also had a career as a manager, having coached the Netherlands at the 2006 FIFA World Cup and at the 2008 European Championship. He also managed several clubs in the Eredivisie in his time - Ajax, Heerenveen, and AZ Alkmaar.

Memphis arrived from Olympique Lyonnais to Barcelona on a free transfer. Since, he has scored three goals for the Catalans in six appearances this season.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3ukRy2i

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.