الثلاثاء، 21 سبتمبر 2021

Iniesta confident Xavi is ready to manage Barcelona

Champions League final - “Barcelona v Juventus”

‘He has the confidence to take on this challenge’

Andres Iniesta has been talking about the prospect of Xavi taking over from Ronald Koeman at Barcelona and thinks his old friend is up for the challenge.

Koeman is reportedly heading for the sack at the Camp Nou and there are already rumors that Xavi is at the top of the list when it comes to potential replacements.

Iniesta was asked if he thinks Xavi is ready to head back to the Camp Nou and thinks it could now be the right time.

“I think so, yes. If you ask me if I imagine Xavi on the Barca bench. Above all because he’s been preparing and training to coach Barca. He has the confidence to take on this challenge.”

Iniesta was also asked about the possibility that he could return to the Camp Nou one day as a coach but wasn’t so sure.

“It’s not where I see myself, but whatever happens, if the moment came, I’d consider it. What I can tell you is that I’d love to return to Barca, that is very clear.

“There are days you think you want to coach, others no, I don’t know. Playing right now, it’s hard to visualise anything else. It’s true that I have to think about (coaching) and see what the possibilities are. What I would like to do and I think I will, is get my badges.”

Source | Goal

Xavi and Roberto Martinez seem to be the early favorites to replace Koeman with reports claiming the Dutchman won’t be fired until a replacement has been found.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3lMfjMF

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.