السبت، 25 سبتمبر 2021

Ansu Fati can’t wait to get back to work at Barcelona

FC Barcelona v Granada CF - La Liga Santander
Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

The youngster is excited about his return

Ansu Fati is set to return to action on Sunday for Barcelona against Levante and has given an interview ahead of his eagerly-anticipated comeback.

The 18-year-old told Barca TV he can’t wait to “get back playing and enjoying football” after over 10 months on the sidelines with a knee injury.

Fati also spoke about just how difficult it’s been recovering from his injury and facing the various setbacks that have occurred along the way.

“The injury was tough and I have found the recovery process really long. However, you learn from it and I am now really looking forward to getting back to doing what I like most, playing football. And I want to enjoy myself again in particular.

“Injuries help you to mature, because you value everything more. You learn to appreciate the small details in particular and that really helps you grow. I have become more aware about everything in general during this period and worked very hard to get back.

“I invited my father and younger brother to training the day when I put my boots back on. It was such a happy day. Particularly for my father, as both he and I started crying when we saw me enter the pitch, and running and kicking the ball. It was a very emotional moment for my entire family.”

Fati also spoke about how grateful he was for the support of his teammates and the fans while he’s been out and also shared his thoughts on wearing the No. 10 shirt at Barcelona after Lionel Messi.

“It’s an honour to wear the number 10. I want to thank the club. Wearing that number is a real challenge given everything it represents; both Leo and Ronaldinho wore it, among others. It’s added pressure, but that’s part of being in the first team.

“I really want to get back playing, feel like a footballer, and enjoy it more than anything. I haven’t played in a year and I want to starting getting in the groove and gradually become more confident. I will try to bring something new to the team every time I play, something from me.”

Fati has been named in Barca’s matchday squad to face Levante with coach Ronald Koeman telling his pre-match press conference the youngster will start off by playing 15 minutes.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2Zy2WfR

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.