الأحد، 26 سبتمبر 2021

Ansu Fati reacts to scoring on his Barcelona comeback

FC Barcelona v Levante - La Liga Santander
Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The teenager is back in business

Ansu Fati returned to Barcelona action after 10 months out injured and capped his comeback with a great strike to help seal a 3-0 win over Levante at the Camp Nou.

It was an incredible moment for the youngster, the club and his family after such a tough time on the sidelines and long road to recovery.

Fati’s father was captured looking pretty emotional in the stands as the Camp Nou celebrated his son’s goal, and the teenager was happy to share his thoughts after the match.

“I did not imagine a return like this. Here you always have to win. I am happy for the victory. I thank the doctors and physios who have been with me. Also to the fans.

“I have thought about helping in the team. I have also thought about my family, who have suffered these months. Also for the people of the club. They have been a great support for me in all these months.

“I am one more. I will try to add what I can. I will try to help the coach and be available to help. It will depend on how I find myself. I will have to earn the minutes. This is very a long process, it has just begun. We are Barça and we have to fight for everything.”

Barcelona’s new No. 10 also said he wasn’t fazed at all by wearing Lionel Messi’s old number and that he was thankful for the opportunity.

“For me the 10 is not a pressure, it is a pride. I thank the club and the captains for giving me the opportunity to wear it. It is not pressure, but gratitude,” he said.

“We are Barça, we are going to fight for LaLiga, for the Champions League and for everything. We are Barça and we have to fight and work for that.”

Source | Marca

Fati’s remarkable return is a real shot in the arm for Barcelona. The Catalans will obviously have to be careful with him but his performance, and those of Nico Gonzalez and Gavi, offer hope of a really bright future at the Camp Nou despite all the recent chaos.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2WfoigL

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.