الثلاثاء، 23 يوليو 2019

Frenkie de Jong: “I felt good, it doesn’t matter where I play”

Barcelona v Chelsea - Preseason Friendly Photo by Masashi Hara/Getty Images

De Jong debuted as a Barcelona player

Frenkie de Jong made his long-anticipated debut with FC Barcelona in a friendly in Japan against Chelsea.

“It was not a good match, we lost, but they have been my first minutes with Barça, and I’m happy and satisfied. I felt good,” the midfielder said of his side’s 2-1 defeat to the blues.

He says manager Ernesto Valverde did not give him comments during the game. “He commented on the team as a whole, tactical questions such as pressing.

“The football is the same, it’s not very different.”

De Jong was also asked about playing the pivot role in midfield.

“I don’t care where I have to play. We haven’t spoken about positions. I’m happy at Barça, and I still need to adapt,” he said.

The Dutch international also gave his verdict on fellow new signing Antoine Griezmann (“One of the best forwards in the world”) and academy star Riqui Puig (“He has a great talent and a big future.”)



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2JWZ0d4

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.