الأحد، 28 أبريل 2019

De Jong says he ‘must stay hungry to keep improving’

The midfielder says he knows how he can get better

Frenkie de Jong says he must stay hungry to keeping improving and knows he is not “top of the world yet.”

The 21-year-old midfielder will join Barcelona in the summer from Ajax on a five-year contract in a deal worth €75 million.

De Jong has shone this season for Ajax in the Eredivisie and the Champions League and says he’s not worried by his big price tag.

“I think that as a football player you will always have points for improvement. I certainly do. I am still a young player. I am still not at the top of the world. To get there I have to stay hungry to keep improving myself.

“In general I have no problems with it [his price tag]. Everyone is free to say something about me. I think I have a reasonable idea of ​​what I can improve.”

Source | Football Oranje

The midfielder returns to action with Ajax on Tuesday in the Champions League when they face Tottenham Hotspur in the semi-finals.

If the Dutch side were to progress they could meet Barcelona in the finals, providing Ernesto Valverde’s men see off Liverpool.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://bit.ly/2UK5yPI

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.