الأحد، 24 يناير 2021

Puig says it’s ‘surreal’ his first Barca goal was a header

Elche CF v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander
Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images

The youngster was on target against Elche

Riqui Puig was understandably thrilled after scoring his first Barcelona goal on Sunday against Elche and couldn’t quite believe it had come from a header.

The midfielder only came on with minutes remaining but still managed to get on the scoresheet after heading home Frenkie de Jong’s cross.

Puig, who has often been unfairly criticized for being too small or not physical enough, spoke about the goal after the game and admitted it’s been a while since he last scored with his head.

“It’s surreal to score with my head,” he said.

“I don’t think I have done since I was in the Cadete A [under-16s] team. I don’t score many anyway. And now I’ve done it with my head!

“I’m having quite a difficult season because I’m not used to playing so little. But I’m getting stronger mentally.

“I’m happy with the team’s hard work and how my teammates are helping me.”

Source | Marca

It’s a great moment from the youngster, who has had to put up with a lot this season, and he’ll hope this can boost his chances of more regular game time. Puig is likely to start in midweek when Barca take on Rayo Vallecano in the Copa del Rey.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/39eh1Bj

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.