الاثنين، 25 يناير 2021

Jordi Alba: “I know I’m one of the most hated players in football”

Elche CF v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander
Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images

The left-back said he was aware of how annoying he was, but insisted that off the pitch things were different

Jordi Alba displayed a remarkable level of self-awareness in a recent interview in which he recognized that he knew he was “one of the most hated players in football.”

Over the years, Alba has at times turned heads for playacting, arguing with the referee, and generally petulant behavior, sometimes even overshadowing his considerable ability.

“I know I’m one of the most hated players in football. But it’s my way of playing. That has taken me to the place I am today. Outside, I’m a humble person and I value everything. Jordi the player has nothing to do with Jordi the person. Although, sometimes I know I’m very annoying and I understand why I’m hated,” Alba admitted.

Alba also spoke about Barcelona’s current form.

“What we had in years past was not normal. Barça has signed young people that are integrating to the people who are stil lwith the club. It’s been a bit difficult, but we are doing better and we are in the fight for the league title. We feel better and better, although Atlético is doing very well,” he said.

Finally, he was asked about his connection with Lionel Messi. Some were surprised when he said that “they don’t work on it.”

“Leo and I look for each other a lot. If I give it to him, I know he can generate danger or score, and I always try to provide. Although rivals know us better each day and now I also try to give it to other teammates. It’s not something we work on, it happens by itself.” Alba said.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3c8uVH1

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.