الاثنين، 18 يناير 2021

Alena says joining Getafe was ‘a very easy decision’

Elche CF v Getafe CF - La Liga Santander
Photo by Francisco Macia/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The midfielder has moved on loan

Carles Alena has been talking about his decision to leave Barcelona and join Getafe on loan and says he knew it would be difficult to turn his situation around at the Camp Nou.

The midfielder struggled for game time in the first half of the season, making just five appearances in all competitions, and decided to move elsewhere in search of regular football.

Alena has already completed his first 90 minutes of the season, in Getafe’s 3-1 win over Elche, and says moving to Jose Bordalas’s side was an easy decision.

“I don’t think he [Koeman] failed me or anything. In the end there are players who are ahead according to the coach. You have to be brave when you see that you do not have minutes on the pitch.

“I could have stayed quietly but I could not go without playing for a long time and I knew that it was difficult to turn it around. Maybe he did not like that. Bordalás did give me that confidence.

“There was interest from a long time ago. I wanted to come here. I didn’t want to hear many more things, it became a very easy decision.”

Source | Marca

Alena will be hoping to be involved again on Wednesday when Getafe return to action against bottom side Huesca in La Liga.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2KrrBeJ

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.