الاثنين، 27 أبريل 2020

Martin Braithwaite: No one will train as hard as I do during coronavirus break

Barcelona V Real Sociedad Photo by Tim Clayton/Corbis via Getty Images

The forward was confident in a new interview

Martin Braithwaite is confident he will be a success at Barcelona once football comes back from the coronavirus pause. The forward told Danish radio that despite having very little chance to play since signing for the Catalan club, he was optimistic about making an impact once games returned.

“There is no one who trains and works the way I do. When I come back, I will be physically and mentally prepared,” the forward said.

Braithwaite was signed as an emergency replacement after long term injuries hit Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé. However, the pair could be unexpectedly back in action this season, because the conclusion of the campaign will be delayed by the virus. There are also rumors the club could sign Lautaro Martínez or Neymar, or perhaps another star forward, for next season.

“That players who have been injured come back, or that new players are brought in, is just fantastic. I have an ambition to play with some of the best, and if I play on one of the best teams in the world, with some of the best players, it also makes me look good,” he said.

“It has not even begun yet, and I have not yet proved what I can. I feel I did well at first, but also know that I can do even better. I’m looking forward to us starting to play again, and I know I’ll be back with a bang. I am insanely calm and believe in my own abilities.”

The Dane also revealed that while the club has a compulsory training regimen while players stay at home, it makes up only about a third of his overall training time.

“I train my speed and my stamina. And right now I can work out in much more detail than on a daily basis, so I will come back in a much better physical shape,” he said.

“I have a fitness room in the basement, and then I have a nice grassy area where I can run and do exercises with a football.

“I also spend a lot of time visualizing how I would like things to go. In my life, I have seen that things go as I visualize them in my head.”



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2KG8KJv

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.