الأربعاء، 22 أبريل 2020

Braithwaite: I want to be able to say I played in one of the great Barca teams

Barcelona V Real Sociedad Photo by Tim Clayton/Corbis via Getty Images

The striker has been talking about his ambitions

Barcelona striker Martin Braithwaite has been talking about the future and says he wants to be able to say he played in one of the great Barcelona teams.

The Denmark international joined from Leganes as an emergency transfer in February and seems to have settled into life well at the Camp Nou.

His current deal runs until June 2024 but Braithwaite is targeting a longer stay at Barcelona and is keen to write his name into the club’s history books.

“I am sure I am going to stay even more than four-and-a-half years that’s how I see it in my head,” he said.

“Right now, I just want to go and play and enjoy and win titles with this team because that’s what I am here to do.

“For me, at Barcelona, I am looking at all these legendary players that played here, and all the periods where they had some of the best teams, and for me one of the goals is to be able to say I played in one of the best Barca teams in a generation.

“I want people to be able to look back at the team I played in and say ‘Yeah, that was one of the best teams there have been in Barca’s history.’ That’s a huge motivation for me and it comes with a lot of hard work, but I am willing to put in the work. I am just excited.”

Source | ESPN

Braithwaite could have his work cut out getting minutes when Barcelona finally get back out on the pitch.

Luis Suarez will be fit again after knee surgery, while the club reportedly want to bring in attackers Lautaro Martinez and Neymar for next season.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2VsVfmz

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.