الاثنين، 24 فبراير 2020

Setien talks Fabian Ruiz, Napoli, Messi and UCL

FC Barcelona Training Session and Press Conference Photo by Ciro Sarpa/Getty Images

The latest from the Barcelona boss

Quique Setien spoke to the press on Monday ahead of tomorrow’s Champions League clash against Napoli at the Stadio San Paolo.

It’s a Champions League debut for Setien and opposite number Gennaro Gattuso in what promises to be a pretty intriguing game in Italy.

Setien spoke about Fabian Ruiz, Napoli, the Champions League, past defeats and Sunday’s clash with Real Madrid.

Here are the best bits:

Setien on Fabian Ruiz

I have a lot of affection for Fabian, he has had spectacular growth, I’m very happy for him, I hope that tomorrow he will not show all his virtues so we can stop him. I am happy with his goals, he is tremendously humble and a beautiful person.

Setien on Napoli

We expect the best version of Napol. I think we have a very good and very positive dynamic. We have had some really tough games in recent weeks, and we have overcome them very well. I think we’re having a good time.

Setien on the Champions League

It’s my first Champions League game, it’s a special motivation, it’s emotional for me to start this journey in a stadium like this, full of passion and history. It will be an exciting game. We will go out with the intention of scoring an away goal, be it with more or less midfielders, we will not break our intention. We will try to be brave.

Setien on Roma and Liverpool defeats

The reality is that we’ve spoken very little about that, although I’m sure they’ll have it in their minds. Maybe it’s not comparable. We’ve experienced incredibly tough games and I think the team is fine. The team is confident that we’ll continue in this dynamic, I trust that we’ll maintain the level that we’ve been giving for some time.

Setien on Messi & Maradona

Leo is a great player, who has been doing what he’s been doing in every match for 14 or 15 years. That’s the difference I see. We’ve not seen a player with such consistency as Leo. I also enjoyed Maradona a lot, as well as Cruyff. They are the ones who made me love this sport.

Setien on El Clasico

There are two competitions that we want to face with the maximum guarantees, we are in a good moment, tomorrow we face Napoli with energy, then in the Clasico we will try to do the same.

Setien on Lenglet or Umtiti

They are in great shape, I will make the decision of who will play, at 3am in the morning. Right now, I don’t know who will play.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3c6TNMU

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.