الخميس، 20 فبراير 2020

Braithwaite wasn’t completely surprised by Barca interest

FBL-ESP-BARCELONA Photo by JOSEP LAGO/AFP via Getty Images

The striker’s been talking about his move to Camp Nou

New Barcelona signing Martin Braithwaite says he was not completely surprised to hear of interest from the Catalan giants.

The 28-year-old completed his move from Leganes to the Camp Nou on Thursday and was unveiled as a Barcelona player on a deal that runs until June 2024.

Barcelona were linked with several strikers before making the surprise move for Braithwaite, and the Denmark international spoke about how he felt after hearing Barca wanted him.

“I was surprised at the moment, but at the same time not so surprised because, like I said before, it’s been many years I’ve seen this in my head. And it’s always been my ambition to play at this level.

“No matter what I’ve always worked hard and believed and I know that when you work hard, you believe and you are positive and you pray to God things will happen. He will move mountains for you.

“I am here now and I am ready. I was happy, I was also surprised at the moment, but it was meant to be.”

Source | FC Barcelona

Braithwaite has taken the No. 19 shirt at Barcelona and will be hoping to make his debut for his new club on Saturday when Eibar visit the Camp Nou in La Liga.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/37MMw1k

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.