الثلاثاء، 31 ديسمبر 2019

Luis Suarez hoping to sign new deal at Barcelona

FC Barcelona v Deportivo Alaves - La Liga Photo by Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The striker says he’s ‘still up to the task’

Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has been talking about his future at the club and seems confident he will sign a new deal with the champions.

The Uruguay international’s current deal runs until summer 2021 by which time he will be 34, but he’s told Sport that he could stay at the Camp Nou even longer.

“I am very happy in the club. I have always given myself to the fullest,” he said.

“Statistics and numbers back me up, I think I am up to the task and when it comes to [contract] talks, we will arrive at a good place.”

Source | Sport

Suarez has 13 goals in 21 appearances this season for Barca but will celebrate his 33nd birthday in January and is clearly heading towards the end of his career.

There’s been plenty of talk about Barca signing a replacement, with Lautaro Martinez frequently mentioned, but the club are likely to wait until the summer to strengthen.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2u25DX6

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.