الثلاثاء، 24 ديسمبر 2019

De Jong: We aren’t playing badly but must improve

FC Barcelona v Real Madrid - La Liga Santander Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The midfielder feels he’s not as dominant as at Ajax

Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong has been talking about life at his new club and how he and the team can improve going forward.

The Dutch international has become a regular since signing from Ajax and says that while he is happy he thinks the team can play better football.

“My versatility is an advantage, as the coach says. I now mainly play left in midfield, also because Arthur is injured. These first months I am especially happy that I play a lot and that I am in midfield.

”From time to time I have shown my qualities, but in general everything can be a lot better. I am not as dominant as at Ajax. In this position I have to score more goals and give assists. That requires some adjustment and therefore time.

“Everything at Barca is really great and I realise that. As a team we aren’t playing badly, but we have to do better.

“Every now and then we are a bit too unsure on the ball. Sometimes our football is very beautiful, and then a game later you ask yourself where that good form and good feeling has gone.”

Source | De Telegraaf

Barcelona signed off 2019 with a 4-1 win over Alaves at the Camp Nou that sees them two points clear of Real Madrid at the top of La Liga over the festive period.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/34YQKlq

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.