الخميس، 19 ديسمبر 2019

Lenglet says he touched Varane but ‘it’s not a penalty’

FC Barcelona v Real Madrid CF - La Liga Photo by Pablo Morano/MB Media/Getty Images

The Frenchman offered his side of the story

Clement Lenglet has offered his view on one of Real Madrid’s penalty claims after Wednesday’s 0-0 Clasico draw at the Camp Nou.

Sergio Ramos has said his side were denied “two clear penalties” in the draw, and one involved a clash between Lenglet and compatriot Raphael Varane.

Varane has been happy to show off the stud marks on his leg from the incident, but Lenglet reckons it was just a bit of bad luck and definitely not a penalty.

“I wanted to head the ball and give more force to my movement so that the ball went further. Out of bad luck, I touched Varane’s leg.

”I’m not a player that likes to kick people. For me, it’s not a penalty.

”I’m the protagonist and I know that I’m not going to make a foul. If some people think it is [a penalty], then that’s their opinion.”

Source | Marca

Madrid also wanted a penalty when Ivan Rakitic seemed to pull Varane’s shirt but neither the referee nor VAR were interested in either incident.

Los Blancos have, predictably, already made their feelings clear about both challenges and have even taken to Twitter to highlight the incidents.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2MamixM

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.