الثلاثاء، 23 أكتوبر 2018

Mauro Icardi: “Returning to Barcelona is Special”

The Inter Milan forward spent some time in the Barcelona youth academy

Inter Milan’s star forward, Mauro Icardi, has said his return to Barcelona will be “special” because of his past history at the club, as Barça take on Inter in the UEFA Champions League.

“Coming back to Barcelona is special because it’s where I started,” the Argentine said. “It will be exciting to play against Barça.”

“Here in Barcelona,” he continued, “after playing as a kid in Canarias, I became a footballer. Going through Barcelona was very important in my career. I am thankful to have learned so much here. All that took me to becoming who I am today.”

Icardi spent three years as a youth teamer in Barcelona before moving onto Sampdoria’s academy. He would eventually debut for Sampdoria’s senior side before moving to Inter.

The forward continued: “I never thought about what would happen when I went to Italy or left Barcelona. I knew that it would be very difficult to play in Primera with Barça. I did not have doubts even for a second, and I’m happy with the decision that I took.”

Icardi also said it was a shame he would not play against his fellow Argentine Lionel Messi, but that they would try to capitalize on the situation.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2Sek41P

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.