الخميس، 21 ديسمبر 2017

Paulinho: I didn’t expect things to go so well at Barcelona

Neither did we

Paulinho has been talking ahead of El Clasico and has admitted he is surprised by how well life has gone since he moved to Barcelona.

The Brazilian’s signing was widely derided, yet he’s gone on to impress and is La Liga’s top scoring midfielder so far this season with six goals.

Paulinho is expected to start against Real Madrid on Saturday and has given a refreshingly honest interview ahead of the game.

“If someone had said then that I would be preparing to play in the World Cup and at Barcelona, I would have said: ‘Never!’” he said.

“Never, ever. I’m happy I’m playing well and helping. I didn’t expect things to go so well.

“I’ve heard it said that I’m silencing the critics so many times but it’s not that: I don’t have to prove myself to anyone. I don’t play for the critics, I play for my team-mates. For three, four years I haven’t listened to anything,”

“People always talk and always will. ‘He’s good now because he’s at Barça’, ‘He was only good then because he was in China’, blah, blah, blah.

“When I was at Bragantino and I went to Corinthians it was the same; it was the same at Tottenham and in China. I’ve had that since the beginning.”

Source | The Guardian

It’s only December but it’s probably fair to say that Paulinho has already silenced his critics, let’s hope he can keep proving his doubters wrong.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2BupVvo

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.