الأحد، 30 أغسطس 2015

Official: Barcelona target defender signs for La Liga rivals

One of the most rumored Barcelona signings of this summer transfer window has moved to Spain, but he won't be joining the Blaugrana. Center back Aymen Abdennour has officially joined La Liga rivals Valencia, the club announced on Saturday.

The 26-year-old Tunisian international played last season for AS Monaco, where he became a key piece of the squad and caught the attention from giant European clubs. After strong links with Barça, Abdennour was also rumored to be joining Premier League champions Chelsea, but Valencia was the only club willing to pay the €20 million fee demanded by Monaco.

Abdennour commented on his new club:

"I chose Valencia CF out of all the offers I received, because it is a big club in Spain and Europe. I had no doubts. I am happy to be here and to be part of an ambitious and serious project, and I would like to thank the technical staff, Lay Hoon and Peter Lim. I will give my all to have a good season with my new teammates. Everyone knows Valencia CF because they have won a lot of trophies. I am delighted to be joining the best league in the world and hope to play well for the team."

Source: ValenciaCF.com

The defender has already passed medicals and signed a five-year contract with the Spanish club. He's expected to be fully fit to play once the international break is over, in two weeks. Abdennour will certainly strengthen a defense alongside German international Shkrodan Mustafi.

What do you think, Blaugranes? Did we miss out on him?



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1Vo9II6

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.