الجمعة، 24 نوفمبر 2023

Ferran Torres reveals how Pep reacted to his Barca move

Manchester City v RB Leipzig - Group A - UEFA Champions League
Photo by Vincent Mignott/DeFodi Images via Getty Images

The coach was full of support

Ferran Torres has revealed how Pep Guardiola did not stand in his way when he told him he wanted to leave Manchester City for Barcelona.

The forward moved to the Camp Nou in December 2021 on a five-year deal after just over 12 months in the Premier League with City.

Torres worked with Guardiola during that time and has revealed the chat he had with his manager when Barca came calling.

“When I told him that Barça wanted me, he told me that he couldn’t say no. It’s my team, he told me, my Barça. As long as the teams agree, you can leave. Barça is Barça,” he said.

The forward also spoke about his early days at Barcelona and how former captain Sergio Busquets had really helped him settle.

“He was key in my adaptation, to turn the situation around, to win titles. The first day he asked me if I wanted him to take me to training,” he added.

“He gave me the confidence that I didn’t have. He showed me his house, he showed me where the players lived and gave me a lot of advice. He is a leader on and off the field.”

Torres has taken time to settle into life at Barcelona and is still not guaranteed a starting spot. He’s made 16 appearances for the club this season but just half of those have been as a starter.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/IqYD9Wk

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.