السبت، 23 أكتوبر 2021

Dest: I’ll play wherever the coach needs me at Barca

FC Barcelona v Dinamo Kyiv: Group E - UEFA Champions League
Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The defender just wants to be in the team

Sergino Dest has been talking about life at Barcelona ahead of Sunday’s Clasico and admits he doesn’t mind where he plays as long as he’s in the starting XI.

The USMNT star usually features at right-back but has covered on the left while Jordi Alba was out injured and has also played as a right winger in Barca’s last two games.

There’s speculation Dest will once again be employed in a more advanced role against Real Madrid and the 20-year-old says he doesn’t mind as long as he plays.

“For me it doesn’t really matter were I play, wherever the coach needs me I will play. What’s most important for me is as long as I am in the starting XI. If I can help the team then I am glad to do it,” he said.

“The key will be to work together as a group, I think that’s really important. The last two games we won but it’s a team sport you have to do it together. We have to have each other’s backs in the game and work hard together.”

Dest is yet to taste success in El Clasico as a player but is hoping to change that record on Sunday at the Camp Nou.

“I haven’t won a Clasico yet so hopefully we can do that Sunday. I want to win. Everybody wants to win, everyone knows it’s a really big game, the biggest of the year. Everyone is really sharp and it’s different. We approach the game differently.”

Source | FC Barcelona

All eyes will certainly be on the Camp Nou tomorrow as the two rivals play out the latest instalment in their fierce rivalry. Neither club has been particularly impressive in the early weeks of the season and a win for either would provide a big boost.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3m7Imf7

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.