السبت، 24 يوليو 2021

Sergi Barjuan advises Ilaix not to leave Barca

Real Sociedad v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander
Photo by Juan Manuel Serrano Arce/Getty Images

The midfielder’s future remains unclear

Barcelona B coach Sergi Barjuan says he has advised Ilaix Moriba not to leave the Catalan giants amid uncertainty over the midfielder’s future at the club.

The teenager has been in negotiations over a contract renewal but is yet to sign a new deal and has been left out of pre-season training with the first team.

Moriba was also omitted from Barca B’s 3-0 friendly win over L’Escala on Friday, and Barjuan said after the game he has offered the youngster some words of advice.

“I’ve been speaking with him and I told him that I will help with whatever I can, but above all I advised him not to leave,” he said. “I can’t get involved beyond that, it’s not for me to do that. I can just say that I hope he stays.

“It’s a new situation and a difficult one for him and for the club, but the important thing is that it doesn’t affect him. He needs to keep working hard so that if the situation is resolved, he’s in shape when the games arrive. He’s doing that; he’s managing a tough moment well.”

Source | ESPN

It’s still not clear what will happen next with Ilaix. A new four-year is believed to be on offer but the two sides are believed to be far apart when it comes salary expectations.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3eRe5gw

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.