السبت، 24 يوليو 2021

Memphis: It ‘feels amazing’ to wear Barcelona shirt

FC Barcelona v Girona - Pre-Season Friendly
Photo by Eric Alonso/Getty Images

The Dutchman made his debut against Girona

Memphis Depay admitted he loved wearing the Barcelona shirt for the first time after making a goalscoring debut for the Catalan giants on Saturday.

The Dutchman came on late in the first half after Rey Manaj picked up a knock and struck a fine penalty late on in a 3-1 victory for the hosts.

Memphis was happy to speak to reporters after the match and was clearly thrilled to be in the Barcelona team after his move on a free transfer.

“It feels amazing to play in this shirt. It was tough, the first minutes in the match, but I really enjoyed it,” he said. The teammates helped me. I enjoyed it a lot.”

The 27-year-old also went on to talk about what he thinks he can bring to the Barcelona team next season.

“I hope to bring a lot of creativity. I always try to find the spaces between the lines of defense, in addition to goals and assists,” he added.

“Starting here is good, but I’m sure it will be incredible at the Camp Nou. I will try to transmit my energy to the team. It is an impressive feeling to be with the fans.”

Memphis will be hoping to be a regular in attack next season and a goal on his debut is a fine way to start. Barca now head away from the Estadi Johan Cruyff for friendlies against Stuttgart and RB Salzburg before returning for a Gamper Trophy clash with Juventus.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3y2Tqxu

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.