الجمعة، 23 يوليو 2021

Memphis Depay can’t wait to play with Messi at Barcelona

FC Barcelona Unveil New Signing Memphis Depay
Photo by Eric Alonso/Getty Images

‘He is a legend and I don’t need to say too much else’

Memphis Depay was officially unveiled as a Barcelona player on Thursday at the Camp Nou and admitted he can’t wait to play alongside Lionel Messi.

The Dutch forward has signed a two-year deal with the Catalan giants, after leaving Lyon on a free transfer, and is looking forward to getting started.

“It is a dream [to play with Messi],” he said. “He is a legend and I don’t need to say too much else. The best player in the world.

“Did you see what he did in the Copa America? I am really looking forward to playing with Leo [Messi] and his qualities are clear. I am a big fan.”

Memphis also said he’s been dreaming of joining Barcelona since he was a child and would have moved to the club even if Ronald Koeman was not in charge.

“I also want to thank the coach. [Koeman] played me as a centre forward,” he said.

“He made me feel very comfortable and I must thank him for all that.

“I would have come even if he wasn’t here because you can’t say no to Barcelona. I would have still come, but it’s also certain that he has had a big impact.”

Source | Marca

Koeman could hand Memphis his first minutes as a Barcelona player on Saturday. The Catalans play a second pre-season friendly against Girona at the Estadi Johan Cruyff.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2W7uk2p

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.