الاثنين، 19 يوليو 2021

Memphis Depay: I’m ready to fight for Koeman

Holland v Czech Republic -EURO
Photo by Eric Verhoeven/Soccrates/Getty Images

The forward is ready for his new challenge

Memphis Depay arrived in Barcelona on Monday for a medical check-up before he gets to work with his new teammates in pre-season training.

The Netherlands international, who has arrived on a free transfer, will join the team on Tuesday and we could get to see him in action in the forthcoming friendlies.

The move sees Depay once again link up with Ronald Koeman, and the forward says he’s ready to fight for the new Barcelona boss.

“I was with Koeman in the national team, he gave me a lot of confidence and support even when I got injured,” he said. “He saw me fight to come back [from injury], now he has given me full support to come here, and I’m ready to fight for Koeman here, I’m very happy to be here in the best club.”

Depay is also hoping to land some silverware with the Catalan giants and thinks he will fit in perfectly with the way the team plays.

“I hope to win many trophies, which is why I have come to this magnificent club. It has a great history and I am delighted to get to know everyone. It is a special day. I am excited to be able to go to the club’s facilities, to the stadium, the weather is great and it will be an incredible day,” he said.

“I come from a vacation, now is the time to concentrate and start the preseason well to be well as soon as possible. I love to play offensive, I like to be creative on the grass to create chances and assist and score. Barça’s way of playing is perfect for me.”

Source | Cope

It’s been reported that Koeman is planning on reverting back to 4-3-3 for next season and will start off with a forward line consisting of Depay, Lionel Messi and fellow new arrival Sergio Aguero.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3zaAbSI

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.