الخميس، 21 مايو 2020

Giorgio Chiellini ‘admires’ Luis Suárez for World Cup bite

FC Barcelona v Juventus - UEFA Champions League Quarter Final: Second Leg Photo by Matthias Hangst/Bongarts/Getty Images

The Italian defender doesn’t have a problem with the Uruguayan’s infamous act in Brazil

A few months before he joined Barcelona and went on to become a club legend, Luis Suárez became the villain of the football world when he bit Giorgio Chiellini on the shoulder during a 2014 World Cup match between Italy and Uruguay in Brazil.

Suárez was banned from the sport for four months and that incident is still one of the very first things people remember about the Uruguayan, but there’s one person who doesn’t have a problem with him: Giorgio Chiellini.

The Juventus legend has a new autobiography coming out soon and he did not shy away from ToothGate. And, as it turns out, Chiellini admires Suárez for being annoying and tough to play against and never expected or asked for an apology from El Pistolero for what happened six years ago because, AND I QUOTE, “nothing strange happened that day”.

“The truth is, I admire his mischief, because if Suarez were to lose that, he would become an average player.

“Nothing strange happened that day in the 2014 World Cup. I marked Edinson Cavani for most of the game, another complicated guy to keep up with, and we held nothing back.

“Suddenly, I realised I’d been bitten on the shoulder. It happened, that’s all there is to it, but that is his strategy when fighting with body-to-body contact and, if I may say, it’s mine too.

“Suarez and I are similar and I like facing strikers like him. I called him a couple of days after the game, but he had no need to apologise to me. I too am a son of a b***h on the field and proud of it.

“Mischief and a little bit of malice are part of the game, I wouldn’t call that cheating. You need to be intelligent to overcome your rival.”

Source: Football-Italia

Chiellini is weird.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2A2HD9d

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.