الأربعاء، 20 نوفمبر 2019

Gerard Piqué: “I’m very excited by the return of Luis Enrique to the national team”

FC Barcelona vs Deportivo Alaves - Copa Del Rey Final Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images

The Barcelona defender was part of Luis Enrique’s team at Barcelona

Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué has said he is excited about the return of Luis Enrique to the Spanish national team. Piqué does not play for Spain anymore, but he did play under Luis Enrique when he was Barcelona’s manager.

Luis Enrique’s appointment came in controversial circumstances as rumors said the previous manager, Gerard Moreno, was blindsided by the re-appointment of the Asturian coach, who had resigned due to a personal tragedy earlier this year.

“I do not know what is happening or what has happened. I have not talked to any of my Barça teammates because they played against Romania on Monday,” the defender said.

“All I know is what I have read in the press and I guess in the next few days I will know more. The only thing I can say is that it makes me very excited that Luis Enrique will be the Spanish coach again. Everything that happened in that situation, I guess only a few truly know.“

The Spanish Federation maintains they told Moreno from the start that Luis Enrique could take charge of the team once again if he so chose. Moreno himself had stated he would step aside if Luis Enrique wanted to retake the reins. No one knows for sure what the source of the conflict is.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2Xy5uFF

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.