الجمعة، 24 مايو 2019

Valverde is not thinking about his Barca future

The coach has come under fire after the club’s UCL exit

Ernesto Valverde says he is not thinking about his future at Barcelona ahead of Saturday’s Copa del Rey final against Valencia.

The Barca boss is on target to clinch his second double in two years at the Camp Nou but has come in for criticism after the club’s shock exit from the Champions League.

Valverde was asked about his future in Friday’s pre-match press conference but says he does not feel as if he is under any more pressure.

“I do not think too much about my future. The only thing that worries me is to win. Every day is a battle.

”If you look around the coaches in La Liga, we are part of the show. We all get ups and downs. You only have to see what happened to Marcelino, who had a moment, or Madrid changing coach.

“I do not know about Leo Messi defending me. We are all aware that, when there is an elimination, we must all take responsibility, the players, the coaches, all of us. We are hurt, but we have to look forwards and face the consequences again.

”I do not feel any more pressure. Why would I? I’ve always said that the club respects my work and it’s always been like that. I have no complaints from the president or the board.”

Source | Yahoo

The 55-year-old has been publicly backed by president Josep Maria Bartomeu, while Lionel Messi also stood up for his manager when speaking to the press earlier in the day.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://bit.ly/2X4kc69

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.