الثلاثاء، 26 فبراير 2019

Deulofeu: I thought I was the king of the weekend until I saw Messi...

Both players starred for their clubs

Former Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu has been talking about how he thought he was the star of the weekend, until Lionel Messi showed up.

The 24-year-old hit a hat-trick and grabbed an assist for Watford against Cardiff City on Friday night in a 5-1 win for the Hornets.

Yet it was an achievement matched by Messi as he inspired Barca to a 4-2 win over Sevilla on Saturday.

“I thought I was the king of the weekend until I saw Messi in the Sánchez Pizjuán…” he said.

“He’s an incredible player, I really enjoy watching him. I remember when I was at Barcelona I once played a ball to him like it was a water melon.

“I started over immediately to apologise but he’d brought it down with an incredible touch.”

Source | El Transistor (via AS)

Deulofeu has six goals and four assists for Watford in the Premier League this season. Javi Gracia’s side are flying high at the moment and are in seventh place in the table.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2H4h0Cv

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.