الجمعة، 25 سبتمبر 2015

Neymar: 'I take free-kicks when Messi lets me'

Remember this Neymar Jr. beauty for Barcelona against Atlético Madrid a few days ago?

This spectacular goal just confirmed that the Brazilian superstar has become a tremendous free-kick taker, adding another tool to his evolution as a footballer. He's already unstoppable on the move, but now that he can do stuff like that as well, he becomes even scarier.

The only thing stopping Neymar from being the primary free-kick taker for Barcelona is some guy named Lionel Messi, who happens to be fantastic at FKs himself. People still argue if Ney should get the nod, but he's not thinking about that for now. He respects Barça's hierarchy, and knows Messi is the deserved man chosen to take most of the free-kicks, and also understands that the Argentine will eventually pass the torch:

"I've been practicing tons of free-kicks at Barcelona and the national team as well. I always look to improve that aspect of my game, because when the moment arrives I need to be ready to score goals.

"I don't worry about Messi taking most of them, we all know he's the best here. He's the man at Barça -- in the best possible sense of the word -- and he is the guy who wins games for us. And when he lets me, I'll be ready. But as of right now, he's great at it, we know that. He's scored tons of goals for Barcelona in free-kicks, and he's always helping us. It's a natural thing on every game, we talk and decide."

Source: ESPN Brazil

So there you have it: Neymar is not jealous of Messi, nor looking to take his spot as the free- or penalty-kick taker. As if we didn't know that already.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1LRsVem

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.