الثلاثاء، 25 يوليو 2017

Pique tells Neymar not to leave Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain

The defender admits his team-mate’s future is uncertain

Gerard Pique has admitted his now infamous tweet with a photo of Neymar and the caption “he stays” was not official confirmation the Brazilian will remain at Camp Nou.

After days of huge speculation claiming Neymar was on the verge of a move to PSG, Pique’s tweet was met with huge relief from the majority of Barcelona fans.

However, while the rumors have eased slightly, Neymar is still believed to be deliberating on whether to stay at Barcelona or leave for PSG.

Pique was quizzed about his social media activity during a press conference on Tuesday and says he is hopeful he will stay, while claiming a move to France would be a step down for the Brazilian.

“The tweet was nothing official, it doesn't depend on me. Only Ney can say what will happen, but I hope he stays,” he told the press conference.

“I tried to explain to Neymar, as a team-mate and a friend, the situation he’s in. It’s my personal opinion from the conversations I’ve had with him.

“I would say don't go to a league which, with all due respect, is not as good.

"I told Neymar, in France you will never be the best player in the world... unless you win the Champions League. Can you do it?

"Neymar was not annoyed with my tweet, it did not cause my any problems with him."

So there we have it, pretty much confirmation from Pique that Neymar is still weighing up his future, and he’s been doing his best to influence the decision. Will it be enough?



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2tXwRZi

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.