الأحد، 28 يونيو 2020

Xavi says he’s preparing to return and wants to get ‘back to winning ways’

Al-Sadd Sports Club v Esperance Sportive de Tunis - FIFA Club World Cup Qatar 2019 Photo by Marcio Machado/Eurasia Sport Images/Getty Images

The club legend wants to start from scratch

Xavi has been talking about coming back to Barcelona yet again and says his team are preparing for a return to the Camp Nou.

The Al-Sadd coach turned down the chance to replace Ernesto Valverde in January but is still dreaming of taking charge of the Catalan giants in the future.

He’s outlined his plans for the future and insists he wants to start from scratch and get the club back to winning way.

“The biggest hope I have now is to be Barca coach and get Barca back to winning ways. Not me but these players and Barca triumphing. And as a consequence, our technical staff, who are preparing for it a lot and it makes us really excited,” he said.

“I’m a club man. I would like to return at the right moment to start a project from zero. I’ve said it a lot of times but I want to take footballing decisions at Barcelona.

“It’s clear that after the elections the stage would be set, of course. I’m not ruling anything out. They came for me in January, we were speaking. I told them the circumstances and timing weren’t right.”

Source | Sport

Of course Quique Setien is currently Barca’s coach and was handed a contract until June 2022 earlier this year. Yet the coach is likely to come under pressure if Barca finish the season empty-handed.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3iappnQ

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.