الاثنين، 29 يونيو 2020

Setien talks Barca tension, Arthur & Griezmann ahead of Atleti

RC Celta de Vigo v FC Barcelona - La Liga Photo by Jose Manuel Alvarez/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The latest from the boss

Quique Setien was back facing questions on Monday ahead of Barcelona’s big clash with Atletico Madrid at the Camp Nou.

The Barcelona boss spoke about Atletico, reports of tension in the dressing room and his own position at the Camp Nou.

Here are the best bits:

Setien on Atletico

Games against Atletico are very competitive, they are a great side and they are going to make things very difficult for us. Defensively they are tremendously solid. You have to have the ability to move well between the lines and have that lucidity on the ball and precision to handle things in the reduced space they allow you. You also have to reduce their chances of counterattacking and their set pieces. They have players with a lot of talent.

Setien on reported tension in the dressing room

When there aren’t victories, when things happen with an isolated move in a game, like the foul that led to the qualiser and you don’t win, everybody sharpens their knives. This is the circus we are involved in. We are more worried by general things. The relationship we have with the players is good. There are moments when you can disagree with them. I don’t perceive any problem that is worth mentioning. Not at all.

Setien on Barcelona’s play

We have meetings a lot. Yesterday we spoke about a lot of things. But what we focused on was football, that’s what really concerns us, that’s what we have to try and improve and do better. There are moments especially at the start of the game when we are a lot better but aren’t able to score goals. That generates some nervousness and sometimes frustrates us. I think what is happening now is normal, things can change quickly if we get a comprehensive victory.

Setien on his position at Barcelona

I think we all need to concede a little bit of our own identity, including the players, for the good of the team. You can’t carry out everything you want to do. I can’t tell a full-back not to go past the halfway line. This is a team. Players know they have to act like a team and make sacrifices, sometimes for the benefit of the team. That’s what will give us victories the majority of the time. There are things I have no problem admitting. Like this situation is new for me and I’m having a period maybe of learning things. It’s then that you can do things you really want to do. I’m not going to say I’ve done everything I want to do, but it’s not down to the players, it’s happened before. It’s a process that needs time.

Setien on Arthur

I say the same thing I told him the other day. We have no doubt over his commitment to the final day he’s here. He’s still a Barcelona player until the final game ends this season. He’s personally committed and dedicated to achieving our ojectives. I have no doubts about him and neither do his team-mates.

Setien on Arthur playing time

It depends on the circumstances in the game. For me the important thing is he’s said he’s available and is in the best condition. I’m the one who decides if he’ll play or not but he’s certainly available.

Setien on Griezmann being dropped

In terms of the lineups and the players. Only 11 can play. You are always asking me why Riqui and Ansu aren’t playing. They aren’t playing because I can only field 11. If I can put out more then great. It depends on the game, how the players are feeling, what I see in training. Everyone has a chance.

Setien on Sarabia and Messi

Nothing happened. There was an instruction and that was it. I don’t know what you want me to say.

Can you prepare calmly for Atletico?

Of course. The outside noise is your business. I stay out of it. I said from Day 1 that I focus on what I have to focus on. I don’t pay too much attention except for when the press department tell me things. I know how this works. I don’t waste my energy on that and that’s what I tell the players as well. I understand that’s what they do in the majority of cases.

Setien on whether Real Madrid will drop points

We can control what we can control. That’s us. We can try and improve so that what happens to us the other day doesn’t happen again. That’s the only thing we should focus on. What we can do.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3g7KVI7

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.