الخميس، 29 أغسطس 2019

Carlos Vela says he agreed to join Barcelona in January

MLS Soccer - Los Angeles FC v New York Red Bulls Photo by Shaun Clark/Getty Images

But a move failed to materialise

MLS’s LAFC forward Carlos Vela said in an interview this week that he had come to an agreement and accepted a move to Barcelona earlier this year. However, in a surprise to him, the club decided to bring on Kevin-Prince Boateng instead.

“I was really close [to joining Barca],” he said. “In the second month of my holiday, I had a pina colada in hand and my agent called me to say: ‘Listen, Barcelona are calling you.

“They want you to play for four months and then you can go back to Los Angeles.’ I said to him: ‘Just say yes, I don’t care about money or anything. I’m going to start training tomorrow. Give me two weeks to get my fitness up.’”

Carlos Vela | Source

Vela has been on an incredible run of form this year. He’s scored 27 times in 26 games while leading LAFC to the top of the Western Conference.

He would have not gotten nearly as much playing time for Barcelona this season in all likelihood, but its impossible to know how his year would have gone should he have really made the move to Barcelona in January.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2MRizaL

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.