الثلاثاء، 26 مارس 2019

Pique explains why he’s playing so well for Barcelona

The centre-back has been in fine form

Gerard Pique has been talking about his fine form for Barcelona this season and reckons he’s performing so well because he’s no longer playing international football.

The centre-back retired from Spain duty after the 2018 World Cup which has allowed him to rest over the international breaks.

He did turn out for Catalonia’s friendly win over Venezuela on Monday but says that will not affect his rest too much.

“It’s not just me, but others [who don’t play international football], but it’s obvious in my case I am performing better for Barça since I left [the Spanish team],” he said.

“The decision has been made and I do not regret it. The people that don’t want to understand it aren’t going to understand [my international retirment] but I explained it all at the time.

”It was the right moment to leave the Spanish national team. I needed to rest. The Catalan national side only needed me for on day. The two things have nothing to do with each other.”

Source | Sport

Pique’s international retirement has also allowed him to play every minute of the La Liga season so far, the only player in the top flight to do so.

The defender was back in training with Barcelona on Tuesday and should be fresh for Saturday’s La Liga clash against Espanyol.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2uvfXUM

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.