الثلاثاء، 22 ديسمبر 2020

Messi sends message after breaking Pele’s record

Real Valladolid v FC Barcelona - La Liga Santander
Photo by David S. Bustamante/Soccrates/Getty Images

The captain scored his 644th goal against Real Valladolid

Lionel Messi has offered his thoughts after writing his name into the history books yet again with his 644th goal for Barcelona.

The captain struck in the second half of Barcelona’s 3-0 win over Real Valladolid to move past Pele and out on his own when it comes to goals for a single club.

Messi took to social media afterwards to explain what it means to him.

“When I started playing football, I didn’t expect to break a record like this, especially since it’s Pelé. I want to thank everyone who has helped me all of these years, my teammates, my family, my friends and everyone who has supported me.”

Source | Instagram

The goal came in a superb performance by Messi. He set up the first for Clement Lenglet, had a hand in the second and then netted the third that sealed the win.

The Barcelona captain is now reportedly on his way to Argentina for a few days break over Christmas before the club return to action next week at home to Eibar.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3nKSaKr

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.