الثلاثاء، 27 أكتوبر 2020

Pjanic discusses competition for places in Barca midfield

FC Barcelona v Ferencvaros Budapest: Group G - UEFA Champions League Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The midfielder hopes to start against Juventus

Miralem Pjanic spoke about the competition for places in the Barcelona midfield ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League clash against his former side Juventus.

The 30-year-old is competing with Sergio Busquets and Frenkie de Jong for a spot in Ronald Koeman’s double pivot and is hoping to get the nod in Turin tomorrow night.

“All of us want to play, that’s normal. For now everything is going really well. There’s a good atmosphere. I got here a bit late because of Covid but now I’m feeling good. I’m available and I want to be part of the team in the Champions League and La Liga.

“I think I can give a lot to the side. The main thing I’m worried about is that the team is good and competes well. For now things in La Liga aren’t how we want. We’ve lost a few points but the season is really long and I think the quality that this team has, we can do a lot of things.

“We’ve all got abilities being at this big club. I’m here to play, I’m here to help my club and my team. It’s normal that i want to play. I think all three of us could play well together but that’s not my decision. The only thing I can do is train really well and hope the coach chooses me.”

Pjanic’s only Barcelona start so far came in the first match of the group stage against Ferencvaros. Manager Ronald Koeman is expected to make changes to his starting XI for the Juve game, meaning Pjanic could come back into the team.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2Tyuk6U

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.