الثلاثاء، 27 أكتوبر 2020

Dest tells Barcelona fans there’s much more to come

FC Barcelona v Real Madrid - La Liga Santander Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

The youngster is getting used to life at the Camp Nou

New Barcelona signing Sergino Dest has been talking about his first few weeks at the club since his move from Eredivisie side Ajax.

The 19-year-old initially went straight into the team at left-back, to replace the injured Jordi Alba, but was back in his preferred position on the right for El Clasico.

Dest has looked good in his first four outings for the Catalan giants and has explained how he’s settling into his new team.

“You have to find your place in the team and play, that’s why at first I want to play simple, get my spot, get my chemistry with the team and then slowly grow more and more into the team,” he said.

“Koeman has given me confidence and now it’s up to me. I have to play good matches, develop myself. He gave me the chances but it’s up to me if I make them work or not.

“I just try to play my game. I am a defender, so right now I am trying to defend a lot. If possible, I go forward. Before, at Ajax, maybe I went a little too much forward and forgot my defence, but now I am not forgetting my defence. I am looking for my moments to go forward.

“I am slowly getting more confident in the team and I feel like in a couple of weeks I will be totally myself, giving everything I have. Obviously, I give everything I have right now but then I will feel more comfortable in the team.”

Source | ESPN

The USMNT star is expected to start again on Wednesday in the Champions League against Juventus after being one of the few Barca players to impress in the weekend’s defeat to Real Madrid.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/37XUysj

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.