الأحد، 26 يوليو 2015

Gerard Piqué on Barcelona preseason: "We're on the right track"

Barcelona has already landed in Washington, D.C. The club played the first two games of the United States Tour in California, and after a win and a loss against Manchester United, the Blaugrana went on a plane across country to be at the country capital and prepare for Wednesday's match against Chelsea.

Coach Luis Enrique decided to cancel Sunday's training session to rest his players after a long flight. The squad then went to the city (Rakitic and Halilovic even visited the White House), but Gerard Piqué and Marc-André ter Stegen appeared before the media to speak at a press conference.

The players talked about the preseason, their personal goals for the new campaign, and both seemed very optimist with how the preparation period is going, despite the underwhelming results on the field.

Here's a few quotes from Shakira's Boyfriend and The New Neuer:

Piqué:

On the preseason:

"The most important thing is to pick up the pace and be physically ready for the Super Cups.

"Despite losing yesterday, the team is playing at a high level."

"I find myself physically very well. We are on the right track.

On training and playing in the United States:

"Here in the greatest country in the world, football isn't the most popular sport, but we want it to grow and improve every year and I think we are helping that happen by coming here and playing against premier localor European teams. it's something we have to do because we are one of the best teams in Europe."

On possibly becoming team captain: 

"Although I'm not a captain, I play an important role on the team."

"Whether I become captain or not in the future, I will continue to play an important role on the team."

"I would like to be a captain in the future, but it isn't something I lose sleep over."

Ter Stegen

On ending vacation early:

"My decision to rejoin the team [earlier than planned] was correct, because I feel that my mind had time to rest and I feel fit."

On the preseason:

"I like being here with the team and preparing myself for the season; it'll be a long one."

"It's my second year here and I'm more familiar with everything."

On playing in the different competitions:

"Whoever plays in La Liga or in the Champions League, that's not my decision, but the coach's. I want to play more minutes. And I'll work hard to play in all competitions."



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1KsL5ou

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.