الثلاثاء، 23 مايو 2017

Pique rules out leaving Barcelona – I want to end my career here

The defender also says he has no idea who will replace Luis Enrique

Gerard Pique has once again ruled out leaving Barcelona and insists he wants to end his career at Camp Nou.

There has been some speculation this season that the centre-back could be lured away from the club as he moves towards the end of his career but he insists he has no intention of going anywhere.

“I am really happy at Barcelona. It’s the club of my life and I want to continue playing for Barça. My idea is to end my career there,” he told Mediaset.

“I like Italy and Italian football, but my love for Barcelona is very big. Maybe if I was younger and hadn’t had the career I’ve had with Barça, I could have tried Italian football. But I can’t imagine myself away from Barcelona now.”

Pique also revealed he has no idea who will replace Luis Enrique as manager with Josep Maria Bartomeu having confirmed an announcement is due on May 29th. Pique also admitted he will be rooting for former team-mate Dani Alves in the Champions League final.

“I have good memories of when Allegri was with Milan and now he’s doing really well with Juve, but we don’t know who will be the next manager," he added.

“It will be a game between two great teams. Juve are a team that have been doing well for a number of years, they have great players like Buffon, who really wants to win the trophy for the first time, and Dani Alves, who is our ex-team-mate and it would be nice if he could win it.”

Ernesto Valverde is widely expected to be unveiled as the club’s new coach next week and one of his priorities will surely be to look at the defence ahead of the new season.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2rceC5o

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.