الجمعة، 26 فبراير 2021

Koeman talks Araujo, pressure and Barca vs Sevilla

FC Barcelona v Elche CF - La Liga Santander
Photo by Pedro Salado/Quality Sport Images/Getty Images

The latest from the Barcelona boss

Ronald Koeman faced the press on Friday to talk about Barca’s upcoming game against Sevilla at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium.

It’s the first of two matches against Julen Lopetegui’s side with Saturday’s encounter offering Barca the chance to move five points ahead of Sevilla in the table.

Koeman only appeared quite briefly as he cut the presser short after suffering a nose bleed after about 10 minutes. It’s the second time that’s happened this season, so let’s hope it’s nothing to worry about.

Here are the best bits:

Koeman on Sevilla double header

They are two different games. Tomorrow we play for La Liga, and Wednesday for the Copa del Rey. We have to win both games. We know the Copa result is 2-0 and tomorrow we need to continue with our good run to add points and press the top teams in La Liga.

Koeman on Araujo

He’s in the squad and has the same chances as everyone else to play. We’ll see tomorrow if he’ll play.

Koeman on if Araujo will play alongside Pique

He’s been having a great season and has shown his quality and physicality. It’s really important to have people like him in the team. As I said the other day, he still needs to improve his game with the ball but defensively he’s always given us a lot.

Koeman on Barca facing decisive weeks

I don’t agree. It seems like we’re the only ones playing very important games. This weekend the top teams are playing against each other. There is pressure on everyone, not more on us and less on the others. If you are Barcelona coach, there is pressure in every game.

Koeman on elections

No, I’m not going to vote because I don’t think I am the one who has to vote. We know we are facing the last part of the campaign. We know the candidates, everyone has their reasons for representing the club. The members will decide the winner.

Koeman on possibility of a trophyless season

Obviously as a Barca coach you always have the pressure. If you don’t win then obviously the coach is the one who’s guilty. I know how it works, it’s not my first time as coach. I’ve been in the sport a long time. I’m doing the best I can. I never think about defeats, I just think about winning. I don’t know what will happen. I am an optimist and I’m thinking about winning tomorrow, not losing.

Koeman on senior players helping the youngsters

I think the older players are leading the team, obviously they can’t do this alone. They need the help of their team-mates. Leo’s scored 18, the other attackers have the same amount of goals combined, but it’s not necessary to ask the veteran players to help the team always, the responsibility is on all. Of course they have experience, personality, they help the youngsters, but it’s the entire team that has to give their best.

Koeman on Sevilla being more rested

I think they have a little bit of an advantage because they didn’t play in the week but we did but I think we’re ready.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/3r1QOMT

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.