الثلاثاء، 16 فبراير 2021

David Alaba announces he will not renew with Bayern Munich

FC Bayern Muenchen v DSC Arminia Bielefeld - Bundesliga
Photo by Lukas Barth-Tuttas - Pool/Getty Images

FC Barcelona has been mentioned as a possible destination

David Alaba has announced that he will leave FC Bayern Munich at the end of the season when his contract expires. FC Barcelona has been mentioned as a possible destination in the press over the years, although it remains to be seen whether the Catalans can afford the decorated defender.

“I have made the decision to try something new after this season and to leave the club. It was a difficult decision. I have been here for 13 years. I made so many memories here,” Alaba said.

“I have not decided what is next for me. I decided to seek a new challenge. That’s why it took time.

“I have five, six, seven years left in my career. That’s why I decided to try something new.

“It’s no secret my management is in touch with several clubs. I will focus on my task here and will remain in contact with my management.”

Apart from Barcelona, Alaba has been linked with Real Madrid, Manchester City, Liverpool, and Chelsea.

Alaba’s agent is said to be friends with Joan Laporta, the man favored to win Barcelona’s presidency. Previously, it had been reported that Alaba had agreed to join Madrid, but Laporta threw doubt on the rumor.

“I think that Madrid doesn’t have Alaba tied up,” Laporta said. “The first thing I’ll do is talk with the current sporting director to find out how things are. I’m ready to make the sporting improvements that I think we need.”

It remains to be seen whether Barcelona could afford the deal or whether the defender is headed for another big club.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts https://ift.tt/2ZlfSlZ

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.