الاثنين، 22 فبراير 2016

Alexis Sánchez talks Barcelona career, Arsenal move, Champions League clash

Alexis Sánchez is getting ready for an emotional, special match.

The Chilean winger, who had a wonderful time at Barcelona, will face his former club in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League between the Blaugrana and his current team, Arsenal, on Tuesday night. In an interview with English media, Alexis spoke about his career with the Catalans, the difficult decision to move away from his dream team, and whether or not he will celebrate if he scores against Barça.

Here's a few quotes from Sánchez's interview:

"I never regret my decisions," he said. "It wasn’t easy to leave ­Barcelona. I fulfilled a dream when I moved there – to play in Spain and for the champions – but very few players stay in the same club all their life. To leave is normal.

"I wanted a new project, a new experience. And with so many attacking players at Barca it was a good choice to go.

"The directors told me clubs were interested. So I think it was a good choice to go to Arsenal, the best choice. It has been a positive move and I love it at Arsenal."

"We know it won’t be easy. He’s the best footballer in the world, without a doubt. It’s very difficult to stop him but we will work on it. And remember, Barcelona is not only Leo!"

"I have a lot to thank Udinese for too," he said. "It was a new experience in Italy and I learned a lot about the European style of football.

"I think it was the first time I learned the necessary things to succeed in this sport. And of course it helped me get to Barcelona and then Arsenal.

"In Italy there are always rumours in the papers but I wasn’t thinking about leaving.

"In my time at Udinese I think I was linked with several clubs in Spain. But the offer from Barcelona was very important.

"Udinese and I agreed that to accept the offer was the best option. For me it was a dream to go to Spain and play with such a famous club. It was very special to play there."

"I’m a professional so any match against Barcelona in the Champions League is special to me. I can’t say what my reaction will be if I score. That depends on the moment.

"But what I can say is that I am grateful to Barcelona for giving me the chance to play in Spain. I won six trophies with them and that is a big influence in any player’s career. But now I am at Arsenal and I want to win for Arsenal."

Source: Mirror



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/1QtlVGH

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.