الأحد، 4 فبراير 2018

Pique: Telling Espanyol to be quiet was the least I could do

Gerard Pique said telling Espanyol supporters to be quiet “was the least I could do” after he rescued Barcelona with a late equaliser in a 1-1 draw on Sunday.

The defender was predictably booed throughout the game and had already riled the club by calling them “Espanyol de Cornella” recently.

Pique celebrated his equaliser by raising his fingers to his lips and defended his behaviour after the game.

“A lack of respect? A lack of respect is reporting me for saying they are from Cornella, which is a fact, and not reporting their own fans’ insults [towards my family],” he said.

“They are from Cornella, like I said the other day. I know it hurt them and I used sarcasm to annoy them. But saying they play in Cornella is not disrespectful, it’s a fact.

”Some of the fans here have been directing insults at me and my family for a long time. I was telling them in general to be quiet, but maybe I shouldn’t have. I know a lot of good Espanyol fans. Maybe it should have been directed at the club or its owners for not reporting certain things.

“They complain about that and report me, but they don’t investigate insults towards my family. That is disrespectful. Telling them to be quiet was the least I could do.”

Source | Sport

It’s also worth mentioning that Pique’s goal is his sixth against Espanyol and he does seem to relish playing them more than any other team.

I think it’s safe to say that Pique enjoyed his goal on Sunday quite a bit too.



from Barca Blaugranes - All Posts http://ift.tt/2E3vApt

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

.